Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Why I Actually Do Love my Work

The Kiddo is currently going berserk-o jumping up and down in a Rainforest jumperoo that some friends of ours were kind enough to loan us, so I don't know how long this post will be (it's almost feeding time for baby elephants: homemade garbanzo beans are on the menu).

I know I complained recently about how much I don't like working 3/4-time. But I need to STFU sometimes, because I really, really love my lifestyle. Kiddokabiddo and I met Vee at our local art museum over the lunch hour, and as we meandered through the beautiful Beaux Arts/Art Deco architecture and just hung out in the green-and-blue thunderbird-style tiled courtyard (which gave me GREAT IDEAS for our kitchen remodel), Vee said something which is so true:

We are so blessed to work somewhere that allows me the flexibility to take off in the middle of the day and allows my husband to take his lunch hour whenever he needs to so that we can get in to an art museum for free (another benefit of working where we do) and be together as a family in the middle of the day.

It's truly amazing, and something I often take for granted.

I love my employer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Kris. Just wanted to let you know I'm reading. Not much more to say than that. I love the posts. Can't wait to meet Miss Kabiddo.

kristine said...

Hey Nathan! THANK YOU for letting me know that you're reading--I like knowing/catering to my audience.

I can't wait for you to meet her too--visiting the Midwest any time soon? Don't tell me the next time I see you will be Grace's wedding...