Wednesday, February 11, 2009

delights

It seems like half the blogs on my Google Reader are doing lists lately (and no, not just the addicting and why-didn't-I-think-of-this-amazing-blog-idea Secret Society of List Addicts). Maybe because it's February and we're all out of blog topics? Because we need things to pull us through the winter?

Anyway, here's my list of things that have been delighting me lately:

  • The freshly-ground smell of coffee beans (even if it's at 10:30pm as Vee and I set up the coffee maker for the morning--I think it's the temptation of "what if I just pressed "ON" right now, knowing it would mess up my whole day" that is especially great)
  • The curl on the top of my little girl's blonde (!) head
  • SEEING MOMS THAT I KNOW OUT IN PUBLIC PLACES! You have no idea what a big deal this is for me--the first time we lived here, I probably recognized people MAYBE twice. In two years. And YET! Who knew all I had to do was ACTUALLY MEET PEOPLE and then I would recognize (and be recognized!) other women during my out-and-arout evenings?!
  • Reading "on my long-time needs-to-be-read list" classics
  • While also reading "by no means on any list I ever made, yet THOROUGHLY AWESOME" small-town-library selections
  • Lemon Zest Luna bars
  • Western sunsets
  • "Somebody Remembers the Rose" by Whiskeytown (NEED TO FIND MY STUPID CD! I KEEP LISTENING TO MY OWN CHRISTMAS MIX AND NEED A BREAK FROM THIS ONE SONG)

How about you?

4 comments:

emcathow said...

* the ellen clip on my facebook
* clean house on style network
* going to get Valentines @ the store tonight
* my class
* weeks that zoom by
* knowing people who know other people I know:) I end up feeling SO connected!
* free hockey tickets

kristine said...

I hope you do not get Hannah Montana valentines for your class. Or from your class. Or that you allow anyone to pass them out in your class.

emcathow said...

Hannah Montana is OVER!!!!!!

Shawn said...

Did you see this??!!!

http://www.salon.com/mwt/broadsheet/2009/02/10/salma_breastfeeds/index.html