Friday, April 3, 2009

Blog Party Music Week Friday



Well, y'all, we're at the end of the line and the end of a great week of blog music picks! MUCH LOVE to Magchunk, Sweetie Pie Pumpkin Noodle, and You Are My Fave for such an awesome blog challenge--I was DELIGHTED to participate.

And now, gulp back your incredulity, and feast on these, my Best Karaoke Songs, all of which I have actually, um, karaoked to: (the two times I ever have, and HOLD ONTO YOUR SHIT, BECAUSE WE'VE GOT PICTURES)

#1: March 2005, small beer bar in the Midwest:

"Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" by Big & Rich



#2-#5: May 2007, Desert Hot Springs, the meth hellpit west of Palm Springs, California, where Vee, Shannon, Nathan, and Pete and I were the only 20-somethings for miles around. We stayed at a motel with access to the springs open 24 hours, and, yes, IT WAS KARAOKE NIGHT. With the exception of two late-30-something women and one of their scammy-looking dudes, it was JUST US AND THE KARAOKE CZAR. We kind of took over. Below is the proof.

"Bitch" by Meredith Brooks


(I know you don't believe me after seeing the clothes on the 30-something women in this picture, but I'm telling you: it was May 2007)

"Flavor of the Weak" by American Hi-Fi


"Gypsy" by Fleetwood Mac


(I think this is "Rock the Casbah" by The Clash; of course, at this point in the night, it could have been anything)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was great to hear gypsy again. we should do that more often.

Jackie said...

Hilarious! I love that you actually have photos.

You won the giveaway on my blog! Email me your address and we'll send you the CD's!

Thanks again so much for playing along-you gave me a good chuckle everyday.