Monday, April 13, 2009

Ahh, The Old Days

Easter weekend was great--more on that later, I'm still catching up the house/work/pics and applying THE DECALS tonight--so I'm taking the lazy way out and reposting TWENTY QUESTIONS on the Facebook CIRCLE OF MOMS app I opted into.

Yes, I said I opted into a Facebook app.

ANYTHING TO REMINISCE ABOUT MY LITTLE 10.5 MONTHER WHEN SHE WAS A NEWBY!

1. How old were you when your first child was born?
25
2. What month and year was your youngest child born?
May 2008
3. How did you feel when you first found out you were pregnant?
Cautiously excited--she was a surprise and for some psycho-first-time-mom reason, I thought it was an ectopic pregnancy so I didn't want to get too prepared
4. Who did you tell first?
Vee--I made him come into the bathroom (he knew I was taking the test) and stare at it with me because I needed verification that I was actually seeing two lines
5. How many pounds did you gain during your first pregnancy?
38!
6. What did you crave while you were pregnant?
SHOWERS! Forget food, I could NOT get enough hot showers. For most of my pregnancy, I took at LEAST two showers a day, and ran the water down until it turned cold. It took away my nausea and heartburn and felt AMAZING!
7. Did you find out the gender of your first child? Why or why not?
Yep--I always swore I wouldn't, but during my first trimester, I felt like it was really important to me to talk to my growing child and use the correct pronoun. I don't know if I'll find out future kids, though. It was great, but now the big shock is over.
8. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
Nope. Blessedly!
9. How much did your first child weigh?
6#9oz, JUST WHAT I WEIGHED WHEN I WAS BORN!
10. Was your first child early, late, or on time?
4 weeks and 1 day early
11. What is the most difficult challenge or health issue that any of your children have faced?
Kiddokabiddo developed jaundice, was on the bili belt 24hrs a day for 4 days straight, and lost a pound in a week. Then we fussed with nursing for over 12 weeks (I was pumping and we were feeding her with a syringe).
12. What's your favorite part of being a mom?
How much delight she brings to me as she learns new things. And watching my husband truly be THE PROUD DAD ANNOUNCING RANDOM BABY FACTS TO STRANGERS.
13. Do you think it's easier to be a mom or a dad?
a dad!
14. What is the best piece of advice you could give to someone who is about to have their first child?
Stop reading all of the books about what stage of growth your unborn baby is and START READING THE BOOKS ABOUT THE FIRST FEW WEEKS AFTER THE BABY IS BORN because you won't have time to do it once she/he is here!
15. Did you always think you'd have kids?
Absolutely
16. What's been the biggest surprise about motherhood?
How UNirritated I would get in the first few months when Kiddo would cry and need something--I genuinely wanted to just make her feel better, not stop her crying.
17. Are there things you miss about life before kids?
Travel! Travel! Travel!
18. How many children do you have?
1
19. Do you plan to have any more children?
Absolutely
20. Who's the mom that you admire most?
I take something from every mom I know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really don't like filling out 20 Questions but I LOVE reading them...and this was absolutely delightful. Highlights: V announcing random baby facts & you wanting to make Kiddo feel better.

Sounds like you and the AMBs had fun in MN! I hope the rest of your Easter was wonderful.